- Customizing PartyNet
- Creating content for PartyNet
- Changing the navigation-items
- Creating Competitions-Slides
- Creating SiegMeister-Slides
- Modifying the results.txt ASCII
- Playing jingles
- Using the configuration-options
1. Customizing PartyNetPartyNet makes use of themes. The easiest way to add a theme is to copy and renaming the existing theme-folders and then edit the contents of them. The folders are as follows:
There's a style.css in here, which should allow you to modify almost every aspect needed.
In here are all the images used by this theme, such as the bullets for the links and of course the logos.
Here are the header- and footer-files used by PartyNet. Changing these will affect every page.
In order to use your theme, you'll have to register your theme in the OrgaNet configuration section:
Just add your theme there and activate it by setting the default theme to your newly created one.
2. Creating content for PartyNetPartyNet uses an own template engine, the "parser".
To edit an existing page, all you have to do is to change the files inside /_templates/html/.
Every php-file as a corresponding html-file there.
The easiest way to add new content, is to copy and rename an existing php-file and the corresponding html-file.
If you have done this, you'll have to modify the newly created php-file slightly. A php-file that calls a page with static content, should look like below. The things you need to change are colored red.
<?php require_once("_system/core.inc.php"); plStartPage("nocache"); require_once(path."/_shared/global.inc.php"); $globalParser->openFile(tpath."/html/partyplace.html"); $pageName = "The Partyplace"; plSetPageInfo($titleTemplate.$pageName, $pageName, "General", true); renderBoxes("standard"); plParsePage(); plEndPage(); ?>
3. Changing the navigation-itemsThe navigation-items can be changed in /_shared/navigation.php. There's an php-array for the main navigation-items called $__NAV. Every subnavigation-items has an array called $__SUBNAV["<name_of_the_main_navigation_name>"]. Additionally, you'll have to specify the width of the subnavigation-menu. This is done with the $__SUBNAV_INFO array.
The code below should make everything clear:
// Main Navigation $__NAV = array( "Home" => "index.php", "General" => "house_rules.php", "Party Information" => "register.php", "Compos" => "compos_general.php", "My Party" => "sec_myparty.php", "Misc" => "misc_bigscreen.php", "Contact" => "contact.php" ); // Subnavigation "Misc" $__SUBNAV["Misc"] = array( "Article: the bigscreen" => "misc_bigscreen.php", "Article: music encoding" => "misc_musicencoding.php", "Banners" => "banners.php", "Partynet Information" => "partynet.php", ); $__SUBNAV_INFO["Misc"] = array( "Width" => 160 );
4. Creating Competitions-SlidesThis is the most difficult part of customizing PartyMeister, although you won't have to edit much, if you'll stick to the provided slide-templates.
We provide slide-templates for 1024x768, 1280x720 and 1920x1080.
You need the following files in /<shared_folder>/mediapool/templates/slidemeister/[RESOLUTION_FOLDER]
This one is the "Coming-Up" slide. The appearance is determined by the function smRenderCompoSupportSlide();
This one is the "Compo-NOW" slide. The appearance is determined by the function smRenderCompoSupportSlide();
This one is the "End of Competition" slide. The appearance is determined by the function smRenderCompoSupportSlide();
This one is the "Participants" slide. This one is needed, if you have anonymous competitions. The appearance is determined by the function smRenderCompoSupportSlide();
This one is the "Prizegiving" slide. The appearance is determined by the function smRenderCompoSupportSlide();
This one is the template for all competition-entry slides and by far the most work ahead of you. The appearance is determined by the function smRenderCompoSlide();
This one is the template for all timetable-related slides. The appearance is determined by the function smRenderTimetable();
This one is the template for all the slides, that you generate via OrgaNet > Beamsystem > Slides. The sample announce.jpg is inside <shared_folder>/mediapool/video/SlideBG/.
Just replace it and, if necessary, change the safe-area (see OrgaNet-Manual for further information).
This is the staring screen for SCREENS, if there is no playlist running.
All slide-generation functions reside in OrgaNet /_admin/_shared/sm_slidemeister.inc.php and are nicely documented.
The color of the different timetable-categories can be edited in OrgaNet "Partysystem > Timetable > Manage Timetable-Categories".
If you want to use different fonts than the ones provided, just copy your TTF-fonts over to /<shared_folder>/mediapool/screens/fonts/
Finally, if you want to test the modifications to your slides, point your browser to http://orga.party/_admin/sm_slide_tests.php
Notice: You'll have to port your changes to sm_slidemeister.inc.php in PartyNet /_shared/functions/sm_slidemeister.inc.php to create a valid Beamslide preview for your visitors!
5. Creating SiegMeister-SlidesYou can customize SiegMeister by modifying config.xml in your SCREENS folder.
There's not much to do. Only "WobbleFactor", winning- and losing-jingles can be defined. The rest is predefined and works automatically.
6. Modifying the results.txt ASCIIThe template for the results ASCII can be found in <shared_folder>/mediapool/templates/pm_votes_ascii.txt.
7. Playing jinglesSCREENS can play your jingles by pressing the F-Keys. Just modify the jingles-section in the config.xml in your SCREENS folder.
8. Using the configuration-optionsMany options can (and must) be edited and toggled on/off in the PartyMeister configuration table. You can access it in OrgaNet "Administration > Configuration".
Some of them don't need to be changed. In fact, changing them might break something :)
Here's a list of the options you may change. Please stick to them for the moment:
|party_start||Starting day of your Party||Date
|party_end||Ending day of your Party||Date
|voting_deadline||Voting Deadline :)||Date
|voting_style||Determines the type of voting. in "tUM" style you can vote for every entry individually with points ranging from -1 (SUCKS) to 5 (RULEZ). In "classic" style, you can choose the best three entries from every competition.||tUM/classic|
|generate_timetable_slides||Switch to 1 for Timetable-Slide-Generation, 0 for testing purposes.||0/1|
|generate_results||Generate results.txt and copy it to the PartyNet for download||0/1|
|foodwave_limit||Sets the number of orders allowed for a FoodWave before it closes down.||Any number|
|download_method||Sets the download-method for the releases. Allowed options are HTTP and FTP||HTTP/FTP|
|show_timetable||Show Timetable in Partynet||0/1|
|show_results||Show results in Partynet||0/1|
|myparty_seminars||Toggle the display of "Seminars" on the "My Party"-page||0/1|
|myparty_foodorders||Toggle the display of "FoodOrders" on the "My Party"-page||0/1|
What is it?PartyMeister is a complete intranet and beamsystem solution for Demoparties. Click here to get a general overview.
Who uses it?Originally developed for the Ultimate Meeting, PartyMeister has been used at Breakpoint 2005-2010 and many other parties.
Read more about our users here!
Contactquestions? suggestions? flames? Don't be shy, use the provided contact form.
|We have! Point your|
|RSS-Reader here ->|