- System Requirements
- Configuring Apache and PHP
- Installing the database
- Installing and configuring PartyMeister
- Installing and configuring SCREENS
1. System Requirements
- Apache 2.2
- PHP >= 5.2.3
- PHP-Modules: gd, exif, curl, ftp, libxml, pdo, pdo-mysql, session, xml, zlib
- MySQL >= 5.1
Notice: You can use it with Windows, too, but we recommend that you do that only for testing or customizing purposes.
- Intel or AMD processor with enough power (>= 1GHz)
- 512MB Ram or more (more is better)
- nVidia GeForce 4+ or ATI Radeon 9600+
- A mounted shared folder (see below)
2. Configuring Apache and PHPYou don't have to edit your php.ini, because PartyMeister handles all of that stuff with a nice .htaccess-file. Just make sure, that you have your Apache correctly configured.
Additionally, you need the /_data/ folder to be accessible via samba so SCREENS can access the beamslides and compo-organizers have access to the uploaded entries.
Your vhost configuration should look somewhat like this:
# www.party <VirtualHost 10.10.10.1:80> <Directory /www/partynet/htdocs> Options All -Indexes -MultiViews AllowOverride All Allow from all </Directory> ServerName www.party DocumentRoot /www/partynet/htdocs LogFormat "%V %h %l %u %t \"%r\" %s %b" vcommon CustomLog /www/partynet/logs/access.log vcommon ErrorLog /www/partynet/logs/error.log AddDefaultCharset UTF-8 </VirtualHost>
3. Installing the databaseThe easiest way to deal with this, is to install phpMyAdmin.
Of course, if you feel geeky-enough, you can do all of this over the shell.
- Create a database named "partymeister" and make sure the collation is "utf8_general_ci"
- The installation process will insert a database skeleton - but you can also do this by hand, using the "partymeister_skeleton.sql" from the /_config/_templates/misc/ folder
4. Installing PartyMeister
- Unpack partymeister.tar.gz to the directory of your choice (e.g. /www/party/)
- Browse to the location and watch the configuration screen appear
- Enter nothing - just click on "login". After the installation process is complete the username and password will be the same as your sql-credentials
- After the basic install is finished, click on "Generate database-classes
- After that, create a basic htaccess file by clicking on "Generate default .htaccess"
- Unpack data.tar.gz in your PartyMeister installation. The archive contains all the default folders and files that are necessary to use PartyMeister.
- Load http://www.party in your browser and see what happens. If you encounter an error, you most likely did something wrong in your config.inc.php. If not, check all your settings and try again. PartyMeister should provide you with more or less useful error-messages :)
- Access the OrgaNet via http://www.party/_admin/ and log in with l/p admin/admin. See on how to use OrgaNet
5. Installing SCREENS
- Unpack screens.zip to the directory of your choice (e.g. c:\)
- Edit config.xml in the SCREENS directory
- Make sure, that the shared folder is mounted.
- Start screens.exe. If you see the welcome-screen, everything is configured correctly
- To test it further, log in into OrgaNet, create a Beamslide or a Playlist and send it to SCREENS.
What is it?PartyMeister is a complete intranet and beamsystem solution for Demoparties. Click here to get a general overview.
Who uses it?Originally developed for the Ultimate Meeting, PartyMeister has been used at Breakpoint 2005-2010 and many other parties.
Read more about our users here!
Contactquestions? suggestions? flames? Don't be shy, use the provided contact form.
|We have! Point your|
|RSS-Reader here ->|